September 10, 2011

SS'12 NY - September 9th

BILLY REID
This collection reminded me of the country side, the pieces and the styling were so layd back like there's not much thought into it. But there certainly is and I absolutely bought it.

COSTELLO TAGLIAPIETRA
Drapping, envelope-dresses, print blocking and pants bellow dresses. Check, check, chek and check!

CYNTHIA ROWLEY
A very feminine collection filled with bold prints and sillhouetes. The pants/dress was one more time spotted, could this mean it will be one of the emerging trends? We'll just have to wait and keep on watching..


DOO.RI
This collection was a breath of fresh air, look after look stunning. The one colored look was presented as well as drapped pieces and the "pajamas". And what about that white printed skirt on the right top, isn't it aaamazing?!

 JASON WU
Yet another brilliant collection from Wu. Doesn't matter if you are a girl or a woman, you gotta love this. It looked even farytalish. Hot pants were a big item in this collection, done in such a classy way with bottom up shirts. The embellishments on the garmits were gorgeous.

NAHM
This collection yelled vintage. The shirtdress was the most present piece in it and it came in all this different prints and shapes.

PETER SOM
Awh Peter Som... he wasn't afraid of color at all. The collection was filled with bold colors and prints. Elegant, classic, flawless.

SUNO
The designer's behind Suno are probably the masters in print blocking. Though I was a bit surprised to see such a soft, neude color pallet, I was very pleased with the outcome. A very romantic collection.

YIGAL AZROUEL
I guess one could say a very simple collection. But so beautifully done, with pops of bold colors and classic lines.


Full coverage on style.com.


Love,
G.

11 comments:

Life in pictures by Lu said...

You have very nice blog

Anonymous said...

I abso loved Jason Wu, Yigal Azrouel, NAHM, Peter Som, and Doo.Ri!

xo Sherrie
Closet Hound

M said...

I love Yigal the most.. so amazing!! Your blog is so awesome :)
http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

Jardin de la Mode said...

Amazing pieces! ♥

Sabrina

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

great collections! But for me Yidal is the best!

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog

The PvdH Journal said...

there is so much to see!!!

Even though I'm not a huge print person I loved the Cynthia Rowley collection.

PvdH

www.ThePvdHJournal.com

Miss Nutmeg said...

thanks for your comment Gia! I love your blog too, jealous that you're in Lisbon! :)

www.indigopeacock.com

Corina said...

Beautiful collections!!!
http://corinamvieira.blogspot.com/

Leslie Christen | Fashion Stylist said...

great collections, such beautiful choices

xo Leslie

http://lesliechristen.com

L M ♥ la mode said...

wonderfull pictures...great post... check me out on my blog and give me your impressions, please follow me on bloglovin if you like my style... See you.. http://leblogdelmmode.blogspot.com/

STYLE MARMALADE said...

I love Jason Wu collection. x