September 24, 2011

SS'12 NY - September 13th

BADGLEY MISCHKA
As always Badgley Mischka's collection for spring, summer is very glamorous. Done for a city, sophisticated girl/woman. I loved the mix of the turquoise with the mettalic.

BIBHU MOHAPATRA
Subtle is the word that best describes this collection. Most trends were present in this collection but done in a subtle and classy way.

DIESEL BLACK LABEL
 Going back to basics. This collection was intended by the designer to be very true to the brand main style. Using some cool materials and colors, it played a lot with layering and proportions.

J. CREW


I've liked J. Crew clothes for a while now and this collection did not let me down. It was chic yet fun, girly yet boyish, sophisticated yet retro. The bottom line is I want it!


KAREN WALKER
Clean and easy going. This collection is very wearable and yet with little effort completely put together.

MICHAEL ANGEL
I gotta be honest I have never heard of this brand but I really, really liked the collection. The prints were amazing without being overwelming, the mix of fabrics was really cool and on top of that the pictures were just great.

OSCAR DE LA RENTA
I had a bit of difficulty selection this looks and it wasn't because I didn't like them but rather that I liked so many of them.I loved the puffy skirts paired with cropped tops. The only thing that let me a bit confused was that a lot of the looks looked like they could be on the fall, winter collection. But beautiful though.

RODARTE
I'm sure the designers must feel the pressure, there has been a lot of expection of this brand in ther past few seasons. I was dying over this collection, there were some looks that I liked, but honestly I didn't love it like I loved the fall/winter... 

THEYSKEN'S THEORY
I don't think this collection needs any "explanation". It is what it is, and what it is, is pretty amazing. And I'm sure that every girl that sees it, wants to look just like that.

TIBI
Tibi always offer good fundamental pieces for our wardrobe. Clean, simple looks but this time she also mixed it up a bit with materials and played with printed fabrics, like the "pajamas" pants mixed with the leather top on the last look.

VERA WANG
I wasn't expecting this from Wang's collection. It had a lot of futuristic garment's but still with the what she's known for, feminine and flowy.


Full coverage on style.com.


Love,
G.

9 comments:

ProprPostur said...

Great Post. i wish i could have been in the city.

http://www.proprpostur.com/

I V Y said...

theysken's theory <3 love all these!

xo zebra and meerkat

loubehr said...

Really great collections !! I love it !!!

Thanks for the comment :)
xoxo

http://rocknrealprincess.blogspot.com/

Amber said...

I really like Rodarte, and Theyskens Theory. Definitely my faves, though Oscar De La Renta... wow!

Anonymous said...

thanks for commenting! :) and ODLR, wow. and Rodarte almost never disappoints!

xx
www.chasingthmoon.blogspot.com

De todo y nada said...

I like tibi, very soft!

karin said...

Great post and great resume. I saw your other posts and I really like Rachel Roy.I think that there are no rules for the next s/s 2012 season.You have a great blog,I´m following you now.I´ll be very happy if you follow me back.Thanks.www.stylepicture.blogspot.com

stylemailbox said...

really l like the oscar de la renta show and vera wang was so unexpectedly cool! great post! :-)

visit me!
www.stylemailbox.blogspot.com

x

Mallika said...

I love all these SHOWS!


x Mallika
http://fashionscript.net