September 11, 2011

SS'12 NY - September 10th

ADAM
Adam offered for next spring/summer a very fresh, feminine and romantic collection. One more time we could see the continuous trends: one colored look & pajamas. The printed pants were also a part of the show, as well as the boyish meets girly looks.

ALEXANDER WANG
A very fururistic collection from Mr. Wang himself. He played fith geometric and floral prints, shapes and even with textures. It was very urban and I bet all the cool girls have a lot of these pieces on their top wanted list.

ALTUZARRA
Altuzarra was probably one of the collection's that the public was antecipated the most, since the success on FW11. It certainly was very different, the huge floral prints were a big part of this collection. It was futuristic and again a bit girl meets boy kinf of look.

BAND OF OUTSIDERS
Get your clothes for the Picninc in the Parl and let's go!

CHARLOTTE RONSON
Ok. So this collection was a mix in my head, I liked a lot of the outfits but others.... not so much.  I loved the use of denim and the "underwear" as clothes, it was very fresh and girly with the vintafe flair attached to it.

CHRISTIAN SIRIANO
A very lady-like collection. Modern yet romantic and even urban. The glamorous long length skirts paired with t-shirts, to me were just brilliantly done. I'm sold!

HELMUT LANG
Keeping it real, the designers presented a collection for SS of what their best at. A cool, urban, comfortable, drapped collection.

LACOSTE
This is the first collection for Felipe Oliveira Baptista (yeeih a portuguese designer) for Lacoste. the sporty vibe of the brand was kept and it was merged with a urban, chic look. Of course my opinion will always be a bit bias, but I think this was the beginnig of a long partnership.

LYN DEVON
This was a surprise. I din't know of Lyn Devon, but I really really liked the collection. It was very simple, not much innovation to it. But the pieces were beautifully done and styled to perfection in a very classic way. And I'm in love with the first two dresses/shorts thing, I actually don't know what to call that... but I desperately want one!

PRABAL GURUN
Prabal's collection just came to reafirme the emerging trends: sheer fabrics, dresses over trouseres, mix of textures, vibrant colors, printed pants and bottom up shirts. No! It was not all in one outfit, but through out the 39 looks shown.

VIVIENNE TAM
Lovely collection. Boy meets girl and yet so romantic. I think the man repeller trend is coming to catch us, and I don't mind at all. Pajamas, printed pants, print blocking, monochromatic looks. Yup!


Full coverage on style.com.


Love,
G.

7 comments:

TWINFASHION said...

Prabal is by far the best one x

www.twinfashionblog.com

Jade said...

tanks for you comment on my blog! your post are pretty cool to!
follow me and i follow you!

xoxo

www.kittyandjade.blogspot.com

The Clothes Maiden said...

I love charlotte ronson!!

www.clothesmaiden.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Alexander Wang's collection is simply amazing!!!!;)


xoxo
Antonia

FASHION IMPERATIVE

Anonymous said...

love this!
you've got such an awesome blog, keep up the good work!

-COSMICaroline
www.COSMICaroline.com

Viv said...

i am loving everything, thanks for summarizing fashion week in a couple of posts :) it's a good look at what's coming next spring/summer!



myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

Malu Keizer-Swartjes said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing:D

xx
?Check out my Stylish Confessions!?